Creating iPhone/iPod/iPad web applications with Delphi & TMS controls
Apple's proposition to create applications for its iOS devices to learn Objective C +
xCode + InterfaceBuilder + the iOS/Cocoa APIs can be quite daunting for an experienced Delphi developer. Imagine building iPhone, iPod, iPad applications with Delphi
though: reusing Delphi skills, benefiting from Delphi's rich offerings for database connectivity, doing a server side deployment only and on top of that, circumvent Apple's strict rules for publishing applications on its AppStore and avoid paying the yearly 99USD Apple tax.
For most Delphi developers this sounds like music to their ears and with Delphi and the
IntraWeb framework, you can already go a very long way to create web applications accessible from the mobile device's browser. The missing pieces are offering fast and responsive applications with a user interface that matches the iOS look & feel. This is where the TMS IntraWeb iPhone Controls pack comes in. This is a set of components that is fine-tuned to offer a look and feel very close and in many cases nearly pixel-level identical to native iOS controls.
- HOW TO KILL ANYOTHER PROGRAMS WITH DELPHI? (2001-01-02 19:04:42)Find the handle of the window using FindWindow or EnumWindows and use
PostMessage(ProgramHandle, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0);
I have not tried it, but it...
- HOW TO GREP CHARACTERS IN DELPHI 3 (2001-01-03 03:29:32)Var
Grep : String;
Grep := Copy('2000-46',6,2);
The first parameter is a string or a dynamic array, the second is the index of...
- HOW CAN I DEBUG DLL (2001-01-03 02:48:24)Do you mean how to find internal errors while writing a DLL file or how to get the exact error while calling a DLL Function ?
- USING DLLS (2001-01-04 01:47:50)Hi again Goober ... :o)
Let's take NETAPI32.DLL as an example.
This DLL is created by Microsoft and the explanation of its use is described in...
- DOT ON SCREEN (2001-01-03 05:42:55)Delphi does not support a Pixel function with a HDC, you have to use the Windows-API-function
HDC hdc, // handle...
- HOW TO RUN DATABASE APPLICATION ON THE INTERNET (2001-01-03 05:04:54)This is possible using COM objects and ActiveX Server ...
Don't ask how ... I'm not into COM object programming ... :o)
- HELP WITH CHDIR !!!! TURBO PASCAL VS DELPHI (2001-01-03 08:48:49)This is because the ChDir Procedure, the SetCurrentDir and SetCurrentDirectory Functions are changing the directory in the active process.
- FRIENDS IN DELPHI ?? (OR OTHER ACCESS WORKAROUNDS) (2001-01-04 11:08:37)One of the quirks of Delphi is that classes in the same unit can access protected and private methods and variables. Borland does this a lot in...
- SENDING ICQ MSGS FROM DELPHI (2001-01-03 16:54:03)I tried the ICQ Api, but never used it. I've added a simple ICQPager component to delphipages (Winsock/TCPIP).. it might help...
- RUNNING A DATABASE APPLICATION ON ANOTHER COMPUTER (2001-01-07 07:36:33)In the BDE on the other PC (the one without the database), you must add an alias to point to the location of the database in the format of:...