View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 10:55 AM

Default problems porting an app from Delphi 7 to 10

Hi.

I am trying to port a small application from Delphi 7 to Delphi 10 Seattle.
I've solved most of the problems except for these:

1. The 64 bit version does not start. It says "missing crtdll.dll". But I found it in 3 locations: System32, SysWOW64 and WinSxS.
If I copy the dll near the exe file it says "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.".
I searched on Google and it says it's a problem somewhere in my OS (Windows 8.1 x64 Pro). But I tried many fixes I found without luck.
What is strange is that a (much) simpler 64 bit project generates a 64 bit exe which I can start without this problem...
My guess is in the rest of the code is something Delphi 10 doesn't like. But it's a lot of code to test so it's like searching for a needle in a haystack...
Maybe someone has an idea where the problem is or how to find it faster.

2. The application uses Listview. In the newest version from comctl32.dll (>= 6 version, in my OS 6.16 version) the user can resize the headers/columns seeing the modification(s) instantly, not after releasing the mouse button like in the previous version.
But the problem is the nearby displayed icons + the blue selection rectangle are been corrupted. If I force a refresh it displays fine.
The problem can be reproduced in any project.
Does anybody knows a fix/workaround?

3. In a Listview draw event I modify the color of the text and/or its background color for items/columns. I don't draw them, I just let the Listview do it (using these values).
But it's not changing the background of the icons (still clWindow like the rest of the Canvas). I can try to draw them in one of the *draw* events from Listview but I don't know how to achieve these:
- not break something else (like the resize of the Listview and/or the headers/columns resize);
- combine the transparent icons with this color using alpha blending.
Maybe someone knows how...

Can anyone help me please...?

Delphi 7 sources:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByK...ew?usp=sharing

Delphi 10 Seattle sources:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByK...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by DavidB3; 12-02-2015 at 11:05 AM.