Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > .NET

Lost Password?

Old 02-11-2002, 10:36 AM

Default question for b-w-d.net about your sms component

Hi ,

i'm using your sms component but i live in the neterlands so it doesn't work. Can you tell me how to send an sms throught www.genie.nl. That's our genie site. I've watched the code and replaced www.genie.co.uk by www.genie.nl and the ip but still doesnt work. Plz help me out

Greetings Heddock

To Go Where nobody has gone before
Old 02-11-2002, 03:47 PM

Default ===[ Message to all D2G-sms users ]===

D2G-sms has had a rocky lifespan, ranging from with Genie's inability to respond to my emails to server changes causing the first version to completely cease functionality.

However it seems that Genie is insistant on stopping my component as I now relase, despite their lack of contact with me. Over the past few days/weeks Genie has begun to implement a sms-limit system by which you are allocated 60 sms messages per month, however while putting this into practice they also blocked normal user access from the partner-site CGI scripts, as a result of this neither of the two versions of the component function at this present date and I do not believe that an upgrade will become available in the future.

Maybe you can find another messaging service to use. If you do find a nice one, preferably not requiring any form of user account then please tell me and I will write some code for you. If you want to write it yourself heres how to do it, firstly you need to learn the HTTP protocol, then download a "Packet Sniffer", these are used to look at the data being sent to and from your machine. Using this you can see what data is being sent to the website and using this write code to simulate this.

Hope that helps

see you around, bye!

----------------------------
[http://b-w-d.net]
webmaster@b-w-d.net
[if this helps you please click on Accept]

Anyone who is interested in helping with any of our projects or willing to explain the structure of the YMSG protocol please e-mail admin@b-w-d.net
currently working on: Yahoo!Chat (YCHT protocol) integration controls, Remote administration tools (no client required as it displays as a website).
Old 02-11-2002, 03:50 PM

Default RE: ===[ Message to all D2G-sms users ]===

sorry for the bad english but its 00:24 and I am rather worn out.

see you around, bye!

----------------------------
[http://b-w-d.net]
webmaster@b-w-d.net
[if this helps you please click on Accept]

Anyone who is interested in helping with any of our projects or willing to explain the structure of the YMSG protocol please e-mail admin@b-w-d.net
currently working on: Yahoo!Chat (YCHT protocol) integration controls, Remote administration tools (no client required as it displays as a website).