Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > General

Lost Password?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 AM

Unhappy

Hi Jasser

I am very sorry but there just seems to be nothing out there at all for Delphi. I have just spent over an hour searching but all to no avail.

I will keep on the look out for you though and if I do find something I'll be sure to let you know right away.

You could have a look on MSDN for IAS or NPS and any info regarding RADIUS not sure how much that could help though...

Sorry I could not be of more help and I hate conceding to defeat so will continue looking but Delphi does look pretty bleak when it comes to developing anything to do with RADIUS

-- The Hon Robert Nester Marley O.M. - aka Bob Marley!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 PM

Thanks Nester. However, you seem to have good knowledge about Radius. So I will tell you what I have known about RADIUS it maybe a good start to build one myself. I am looking for the minimum usage of RADIUS which is receiving requests from remote firewalls to authorize users to access the internet. Once I receive those requests I will check a local database (this is easy) to see if they are authorized or not. Usually this is done through a RADIUS server. So far I know the following about RADIUS:

1- RADIUS uses UDP protocol.
2- RADIUS uses different port number (depends on the product).
3- The requests between the firewalls and the RADIUS server are encrypted using MD5 algorithm.

So, the UDP component comes with Delphi (Indy). But the MD5 algorithm is missing . So if I use the UDP component and fined MD5 algorithm do you think I can build one?

Last edited by Jasser; 03-30-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:01 PM

To use MD5 Hashing in Indy add the Units: IdHashMessageDigest, idHash;

Apparently it "can" be used over TCP - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-tcp-transport/

If you do a search here for RADIUS alot of information is found...

To get the return port in Indy you would use OnUDPRead Event - ABinding Param.

It should certainly be possible to do this with the Indy UDP Components although I have never done anything with RADIUS before and really only have a limited knowledge of the way it works. The ICS Components are also good.

-- The Hon Robert Nester Marley O.M. - aka Bob Marley!