Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > General

Lost Password?

Old 12-13-2014, 10:40 AM

Default Scroll Bars

Hi All

Some time ago I updated from Delphi to XE to write Firemonkey applications and I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered. FMX is driving me round the bend!

In a VCL application you can set the autoscroll property on a form so that it appears as the controls on the form go outside the client area. I've been trying to do this in FMX and simply can't work out how to do it. Can anyone help?

Can someone please point me in the direction of some understandable info on writing FMX apps for desktop.

While we are in bitching mode, what sort of organisation removes basic, useful capabilities like Ctrl Shift C code completion and variable values that pop up when you hover the mouse over a variable during debugging simply because you can't afford the professional version but have to use the Starter version.

Embarcadero have just become too greedy!!!!!!

A thoroughly pissed off Badger
Old 12-13-2014, 11:49 AM

Firemonkey is a buggy, low performance framework that encourage bad code design. You don't need FMX for desktop applications, believe me, it's not worth it! Go back to VCL.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:05 PM

Fine, but if you want to write apps that will run on both Windows and macs what do you do?
Badger
Old 12-13-2014, 02:26 PM

1. Stay with firemonkey and stop complaining
2. Switch to Lazarus(http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/), you can create desktop application for Windows, OSX, Linux. It's free and open source.

A quick fix to your current problem:
Drop a TScrollBox to you FMX form, set Allign property to alClient. Put all the other components inside the TScrollBox. Now you have a Form with AutoScroll property.