Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > DB Tools

Lost Password?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 PM

Default Connecting to a MySQL database with XE3

I'm retired, but I used to program in Delphi 5. I'm now using XE3 but I also haven't written any code since 2005 and when one hits 72, an 8 year break, validates the saying "if you don't use it, you lose it!"

I'm trying to connect XE3 to a mySQL database on a CentOS 6.2 server and getting nowhere fast.

Can anyone please tell me how to do this I found a dbExpress component to connect me, but I don't see anywhere in any of the components where I can add a hostname or IP Address, sone detailed information would be highly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:45 AM

Default Rightclick TIBDataBase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldur2630 View Post
I'm retired, but I used to program in Delphi 5. I'm now using XE3 but I also haven't written any code since 2005 and when one hits 72, an 8 year break, validates the saying "if you don't use it, you lose it!"

I'm trying to connect XE3 to a mySQL database on a CentOS 6.2 server and getting nowhere fast.

Can anyone please tell me how to do this I found a dbExpress component to connect me, but I don't see anywhere in any of the components where I can add a hostname or IP Address, sone detailed information would be highly appreciated.
Take a TIBDataBase component to your form (or DataModule form). Rightclik it.
Then you will open an auxiliary window (DataBAse Component Edit). There you
will find all details you need to connect to a DataBase (It works for Interbase/Firebird. There are more solutions to connect, of course.
Hope it helps.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:53 PM

Thanks, but I downloaded the free ZeosLib and it works beautifully. It's a really good component.