Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > General

Lost Password?

Old 08-11-2016, 03:38 AM

Default Drag and Drop with Panel to follow

Thanks in advanced for the Help.

Hi everyone. It is been a while since I don't post anything in the forum due to other reasons.

I would like to see If I can get help in what I am trying to do.

I have two grids in which I have Implemented Drag an Drop, I have no problems with the drag and drop.

What I would like to do is the following based on the following scenario

1. I have a hidden Small Panel which carries the Name of the person whos been drag from on dbGrid to another dbGrid in a DBLabel inside the panel.

2. I need that when I select the row from the dbGrid and start dragging it, the panel will unhide but will follow the mouse cursor all the way until the record is dropped in the other grid.

I would like to accomplish this so that the user knows exactly who is been dragging and dropping.

Thank you so much for the hel.

Best regards,
Old 08-11-2016, 08:24 AM

My best guess would be to create a borderless form when dragging starts. Just place it at the cursor position and make it move with the mouse movement. When dragging stops you can free the form.
Just add a label on that form and instead of detacching your panel with label just copy the text of the panel.label to the new form.label

You can do the same with the panel.visible, but you can have issues with the components display order and refresh of the form itself (panel.BringToFront() and perhaps some repaints/invalidates/processmessages).
Therefor my suggestion for the new form, should be easier.