Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > DB-Aware

Lost Password?

Old 12-21-2001, 12:45 AM

Default Using a dbGrid in one-to-many-to-many relationship

Given three Paradox tables namely, Customer, Location, and Orders whereby Customer is a one-to-many to Location and Location is a one-to-many to Orders, Customer is related to Location using key field AccountNo, and Location is related to Orders on key field LocationNo. Using lookup fields with a dbGrid showing records from the Orders Table, is it possible to create a customer lookup field that not only assigns the AccountNo to the Orders Table but also limits values in a location lookup field to those records in the Location Table having the same AccountNo as that entered in the new Orders record? While I've been able to work with one-to-many relationships in a similar manner, I seem to have reached a stalemate when working with one-to-many-to-many relationship in the manner described above. I am presently working in Delphi5 Pro in a Windows98 environment. Any suggestions or feedback regarding the resolve to this matter would be most appreciated.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:59 AM

Default RE: Using a dbGrid in one-to-many-to-many relationship

easier way out of your complex situation to provide dbgrid as viewing area and one row of edit/combo/dbcombo/dblookupxombo box at the top where user can edit/insert the data then your work will be much easier as you can put any list based on your own or some other table dependent data to any combobox

i am not sure but it it helps then click on the accept button above
Old 12-22-2001, 12:18 AM

Default RE: Using a dbGrid in one-to-many-to-many relationship

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately not the right solution as I have done this in the past. At this point in time, I prefer to use grids only in all of my forms.