Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > Apps

Lost Password?

Old 11-05-2011, 02:25 PM

Default Apps

Hi
I have an application (programmed in Delphi XE) that reads an Excel file in a loop using dbGo components. The read data is used to update or insert records in a SQL Server database through Stored procedures. I am using Devart's SDAC components for the communication. Isolation levels in the connection components are "Isolated". When I run the program clicking the mouse and/or starting another program will stop the program. When clicking inside of the program window the window caption change to "Program not responding". When the program is run in the Delphi editor in debugging mode all is OK - no clicking or other actions will stop the program. I am not deliberately using threads but it seems that delphi starts some anyway. So all ideas to solve this problem are welcome
Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 AM

Most likely your app doesn't stop working. Program not responding usually means that the main thread doesn't get any time because you have a time consuming action going on in it...
So move this time consuming action into a thread and you should be good to go...
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM

Default apps

Thanks for the advice. However I do not understand why random clicking on the screen outside of the application window shall start a thread in the application. Also the cursor shifts from a SQL Hour glass to an ordinary hourglass and the timer showing the progress of the operation stops. As I said when I run the application in the Delphi editor in debugging mode all is well. No clicking or parallel program starts will harm the operation of the program. Peculiar!