Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > Apps

Lost Password?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 AM

Smile Delphi Projects

I am running a company in India. We have many delphi resource available. It will be helpful if any one can tell me some delphi projects available or maintenance projects with minimum cost.
Please tell us if you require any information from me regarding the same. I am open for any things or disclose any details that you require from me.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:59 AM

on www.SourceForge.net there are many freeware projects available... Ofcourse, not all Delphi...

There's also www.planetsourcecode.com, but that is far less interesting...

And last but not least there is www.torry.net
Old 08-13-2009, 09:28 AM

Default Hi

Thanks for the information and guidelines. Anyway I will require some company projects because i have floated the company now only and i will not be able to invest immediately on Open Source Projects.
Hence i require some company projects before i take up the Open Source projects. So if you come across any company projects which can be either New project or Maintenance to the existing projects, please let me know.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
I am running a company in India. We have many delphi resource available. It will be helpful if any one can tell me some delphi projects available or maintenance projects with minimum cost.
Please tell us if you require any information from me regarding the same. I am open for any things or disclose any details that you require from me.
Your wording is bizarre and convoluted Hinglish but I think you are asking someone to just hand you a billable software contract that you can perform to earn fees.

Sorry, we all have to work to find customers. Nobody is just going to give away something of value because you asked for it.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:17 PM

I have run a company for the past 20 years and I know that people deal with people they trust. This can take years of work to develop and the code is done by themselves to ensure quality and maintain ongoing work. Why don't you hire some salespeople and start to develop a relationship with your own clients.

There is no short cut, business is about relationships. Unless you just want to work for someone else.

However I am curious about your words "invest in open source" kind of a contradiction of terms?
Old 01-01-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
I have run a company for the past 20 years and I know that people deal with people they trust. This can take years of work to develop and the code is done by themselves to ensure quality and maintain ongoing work. Why don't you hire some salespeople and start to develop a relationship with your own clients.

There is no short cut, business is about relationships. Unless you just want to work for someone else.

However I am curious about your words "invest in open source" kind of a contradiction of terms?
Yeah, isnt it kind of illegal to take an open source project, modify it abit, make it closed source, and then make money on it?

Example:

Firefox is a Webbrowser.

Wyzo is built on the Firefox Open Source core. They MAY close their own source, but they CAN'T sell Wyzo for money, since it was an open source project.

Am I correct?