Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > General

Lost Password?

Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Default ghost like forms in Delphi application updated from ver4 to 7 in WinXP

I have just upgraded an old Delphi application from Delphi 4 to Delphi 7. Most of the things are normal but when this application is run on Windows XP in which windows appearance (through display properties-->Appearance) is set to Windows "XP Style" then all the panels and other classes drawn from custompanel become transparent. I mean their background color becomes null (though if I check the value of their property named "Color", it still shows the assigned color value but is not painted).

So supposing there is a panel whose color is set to green and whose font is set to White then at design time I see them properly but when I run the application, the panel is painted just like a bevel (empty rectangle with bevels) and things behind it become visible and above all its text is displayed in the font color.

I removed all the code from the main form and then ran it but it still remains ghost like.

there are about 500 units being used by this application.

When I extract the main form out of application and run it as part of a new fresh application (after removing all the code), then it work fine and all the panels are drawn with proper color, but when same form (without any code) is run as part of original application, it again appears like a ghost image.

I checked for initialization section in all the units but there is no initialization section in any of the units being used.

Has anyone faced any such issue in past? or Can anyone guess of something for which I need to check and fix?

Please help.

Thanks for your time and interest in this post.

Regards
Old 09-27-2007, 09:54 AM

Default RE: ghost like forms in Delphi application updated from ver4 to 7 in WinXP

just one more point, if I change the appearance (in display properties) from Windows XP Style to "Windows Classic Style" then every thing becomes normal.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Default RE: ghost like forms in Delphi application updated from ver4 to 7 in WinXP

[pre]
Known bug with TPanel's ParentBackground property not being
stored.

[/pre][DELPHI]
//in the form's OnCreate event
begin
Panel1.ParentBackground := FALSE;
Panel1.ParentBackground := TRUE;
Panel1.ParentBackground := FALSE;
end;

[/DELPHI][pre]
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers