Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > General

Lost Password?

Old 01-11-2001, 03:11 AM

Default Mp3

Hi to U All!

I have a question about Mp3.

How difficult, in code, is it to Load, Play and stop playing mp3 files. I would be very happy if someone has any code about this, how it's done.

Thx in advance,
Marco.
Old 01-11-2001, 04:39 AM

Default RE: Mp3

If you want a dedicated MP3 player, it's going to get quite involved. Actually programming it is the easy part. Finding a component may be more difficult... at least one that's free. If you're willing to pay for it, it'll be a lot easier.

However, if the overall function of the program isn't all that important to you, you can just use the Microsoft Windows Media Player ActiveX control, which supports MP3 files. If you're using Windows 2000 or Me, it's already included in Windows. If not, you'll need to have Media Player installed to use it. Once it is installed, you can install the control into Delphi using Components >> Import ActiveX control in the main window. Then, just drop it onto your form and use it as if it were any other component.

-- The Smurf
Old 01-11-2001, 04:45 AM

There are no standard functions to handle Mp3 files in Delphi or Windows. You should install a Mp3 player component. The best one I can recomand is the xaudio SDK which one is for free! The component is very fast, easy to install and coms with a good help and two samples.

You can download the SDK for free from the xaudio homepage http://www.xaudio.com/developers
Old 01-11-2001, 12:07 PM

simply use the tmediaplayer already in delhpi it works fine for me all the time so if u have any problems just e-mail me
Old 01-11-2001, 08:32 PM

I also would suggest XAudio SDK. I am using it for an MP3 player I am writing. MusicMatch uses it also to play some of the audio such as the MP3's... If its good enough for them hey... And its very simple to use also.
Old 01-11-2001, 10:15 PM

Default RE: RE: Mp3

Hi!

Thx to you all ho have answered to my question about MP3.
There seems to be a some easy solutions for me and I will try out them to see wich one I prefer,
and I appriciate you answers! Thx again!

Kind Regards,
Marco.