Delphi Pages Forums  

Go Back   Delphi Pages Forums > Delphi Forum > General

Lost Password?

Old 01-01-2017, 06:44 AM

Default Resetting the "form size" when changing image dimensions.

I am using an image to represent a landscape page with text and graphics on it. The width fits onto the screen but the height is greater than the form's client height so it uses a scrollbar to 'see' the bottom half.

I have a radio control that allows the page to be redrawn in portrait mode at the same scale. Because the width of the image is narrower I clear the old image with a copyrect so the wider part doesn't remain on the form's canvas. Of course, this means that the area off the bottom of screen is larger.

So far so good.

BUT, when I select landscape again and clear the bottom part of the image so it doesn't remain on the form's canvas and then reset the image height, the form considers the copyrect as painted data and won't reset the form's total 'height' to the bottom of the image leaving a nasty blank area below the image.

Does anyone have a solution? The obvious way would be to reset the overall 'height' of a form when it is bigger than the client height but I can't find a way to force it to do that.

Badger
Old 01-04-2017, 07:38 AM

I think you have to look at your overall design of your program
and the way you go about reaching objectives.
I'm saying rethink of better ways to get to a result.

I could say heaps but it would lose its meaning to you.
Afterwords when you have it correct
You must ask questions to your self why you failed first time and what is necessary to avoid the same mistake.
Your key tools and what was wrong with them before building code around them.................