Ann: Addict 3.4.2 Released (ExpressQuantumGrid Support)
Addictive Software is pleased to announce that Addict Spell Check & Thesaurus v3.4.2 for Borland Delphi 4/5/6/7 and for Borland C++ Builder 4/5/6 has now been released.
Addict allows the developer to add Dialog-based Spell Check, Live Spell Check, API-base Spell Check, Auto Correction, Thesaurus Lookup and more to their Applications. Enhanced support is also available for many 3rd party products including WPTools, PlusMemo, TRichView, etc:
Additional Dictionaries are available from:
Addict 3 Professional: $199USD
Addict 3 Standard $119USD
Addict 3 PlusPack $49USD
This version is a free upgrade for all current v3 users - if you didn't receive the email with the URL's in it or have misplaced your password then please email me off-list :)
The primary focus of this release has been adding support for the popular ExpressQuantumGrid 5 suite (see http://www.devexpress.com). In cooperation with Developer Express, we have produced a Demo showing off the new integration points, which is available from the 3rd Party site mentioned above.
This includes full support for dialog spell checking within most Express Editors 5 controls and LiveSpelling support within the new v5 RichEdit components. This functionality is carried into the Grid's in-place edit cells, allowing LiveSpell within RichEdit cells and unified dialog checking across any combination of rows and fields being displayed.
This demo was adapted from a Demo that ships with the ExpressQuantumGrid 5 Suite. Developer Express has graciously allowed this demo to be published to the general public in EXE form (the link above). The full source is also avail to Grid 5 customers upon request. Simply e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. Both Addict Professional and ExpressQuantumGrid 5 are required to compile the Demo.
Also note that you can get a glimpse into how the Addict integration points work by examining Demo.pas (included in demo above).
Some additional minor bugs have also been cleaned up. A basic summary of the changes from version 3.4.1 are listed below.
* Several fixes and adjustments to various control paths to add full support for ExpressQuantumGrid and Editors.
* Added RichEdit auto-detection to the WinAPI parser to differentiate between edit and RichEdit controls. This prevents bugs seen in derived edit classes.
* Made the AutoLiveSpell component pick up the control background color, rather than always using the windows system color.
* Fixed a bug within an AutoSpell timer accessing a destroyed window.
* Fixed spell checking, thesaurus lookup, and LiveSpelling for controls that embed edit controls within them (DevExpress's Editors do this).
* Made a minor modification to Addict's dialog parenting to avoid an occasional dialog showing under the main form problem.
* Added support for editors using "smart quotes" for the apostrophe for contractions and possessive words.
* Fixed a bug that would occasionally allow a learning dictionary to suggest a misspelled word to the user if it had at one time been believed correct.
* Fixed a dialog positioning bug in the "Under Selection" mode.