Protect and License Excel Spreadsheets, Plugins and Desktop Apps with QuickLicense 7
Excel Software today shipped QuickLicense 7.0 with new protection and licensing features for Mac or Windows desktop software. Major enhancements focus on Excel spreadsheet protection in the AddLicense tool, seamless Trial to Product upgrades, In-App purchasing, license management by Email or Text message and plugin protection.
AddLicense generates an application EXE or APP from an Excel spreadsheet that can be sold with a computer specific licensing process. After activation on the customer computer, it presents an elegant control panel to manage the protected data files. A user clicks buttons to Clone, Rename, Import, Export or Share data files on licensed computers. An Update button provides instant spreadsheet enhancements from the vendor by Internet communication.
QuickLicense 7 adds enhancements to provide customer assistance during the activation and licensing process. A Lookup button on the Activation dialog enables the customer to retrieve a recently purchased or forgotten Serial Number from the Internet. The automated order processing features in the Safe Activation service support the lookup capability.
A customer has several methods to activate a license, move it between computers, renew a subscription or enable new features purchased in an active license. Most computers have a direct Internet connection so licensing occurs with simple button clicks. Without direct Internet communication, customers can get an Activation or Subscription code from any browser on a connected computer. New enhancements enable license management using Email or Text messages sent from a phone or tablet.
To streamline the product evaluation process, a time or execution limited Trial license presents a status dialog on each launch. The user can view the time or launches remaining or purchase a Product license at any time with an integrated purchase process. The Trial license is converted to a Product license with a human managed or Internet automated process. When launching the Trial, a sequence of web pages can be presented in the default browser to highlight new features, provide tutorials, mention related products and services and inform the user how to purchase.
QuickLicense 7 adds a silent Auto Upgrade feature. When a new product release is shipped with new licensing features, current customers can be automatically upgraded to the new license while retaining stored Serial Number, activation and licensing data.
A license configured with QuickLicense is applied to software with a programming or scripting command or the AddLicense wrapping tool. The AddLicense tool stores a named record of information to build each product and license combination with a button click. New commands allow records to be cloned and organized. The new Batch Build feature can generate Trial, Product or Subscription licenses for multiple products with one button click.
The QuickLicense runtime adds programming commands that enable a Plugin developer to protect and license commercial plugins. PluginProtect Photoshop is a free SDK and video to simplify protection and licensing of Photoshop plugins using QuickLicense. New Register commands in the QuickLicense runtime safeguard developers that sell redistributable plugins.
QuickLicense 7 is $595 for the Standard edition or $995 for the Pro edition on either Mac or Windows. The package includes a PDF and printed User Guide, tutorials, online videos, programming code examples, the AddLicense wrapping tool and SendMessage testing tool. A QuickLicense purchase includes royalty-free runtime distribution rights for any number of products or licenses on that computer platform.
Excel Software Ph: (702) 445-7645Web: www.excelsoftware.com Email: email@example.com
- HOW TO CREATE SEQURE LOGIN TO DESKTOP APPLICATION (2001-01-05 11:30:01)I'm not pretty sure, what your intention is. One possible approach would be to use a edit-field, which cannot be "spyed out" by the usual password...
- ERROR MESSAGE "KEY FIELD CONTAINING A DUPLICATE VALUE" (2001-01-05 13:54:47)I am certain that you have created a field and made it a key or index field with unique properties. Being unique, if a value entered is identical...
- HOW CAN I "FORCE" WINDOWS TO CREATE A LINK TO A SPECIFIED FILE? (2001-01-06 11:12:17)Hi,
This should help:
ShlObj, ActiveX, ComObj, Registry;
- DETECTING ACTIVE DESKTOP -- SYSTEMPARAMETERSINFO? (2001-01-07 08:06:54)I'll check this out and then accept as answer, cheers :)
- EXAMPLE OF STRINGTOWIDECHAR (2001-01-10 16:26:22)var
WideCharBuf: array of WideChar;
SizeOf(WideCharBuf) div 2);
- ANYONE KNOW HOW TO BRING UP CONTROL PANEL APPLETS??? (2001-01-11 08:05:57)Or ...
Where the network dialog executes.
- DETECTING IF WINDOWS IS SHUTTING DOWN... (2001-01-12 15:16:08)Some info...
Go to http://www.used-disks.com/delphi/Components/Default.htm and download
my TSystemEvents component. It will let you know...
- YOUR FAVORITE BDE ALTERNATIVE? (2001-01-13 12:44:19)I joined the company I am currently working for three years ago. MsAccess databases were managed with the BDE. Since we ship our application to...
- HOW TO CREATE AN ANIMATED BUTTON... ? (2001-01-17 03:02:29)I thought that reading the source of the animated components would give you hints of how to solve your problem ...
- DATABASE DESKTOP CLONE (2001-01-18 17:37:48)It depends on your database format. If you use DBase, check www.grifsolu.com. They develop a BDE-replacement and they supply a file...