looking for a remote contract position with an established company
Desired Status: Contract
Site Location: Telecommute
Desired Salary: Negotiable
Company Size: No Preference
Category: Information Technology
US,UK I am authorized to work in these countries for any employer.
5/2002 - Present ISD INC/ SEI Tampa Florida
SR System Architect/contract
Design, code and Test of Appraisal Wizard/Model Wizard.
Environment Windows. Languages Delphi 6.0,5.0 2005,2007 SQL,XML and Windows API. Databases used Firebird,MS SQL 2005.
Appraisal Wizard is a client-server product that may be used to perform or prepare for formal or informal appraisals. Appraisal Wizard fully supports SEI CMM Appraisal Framework (CAF) compliant CMM Based Appraisal (CBA) methods, and was specifically designed to support full coverage SEI-style CMMs using the Software Capability Evaluation (SCE V3.0) method. The tool also supports CBA IPI, SCAMPI and informal assessments
6/1997 - 5/2002 Wal Consulting Inc Tampa Florida
1999 Vice President - in charge of all business and technical aspects of Wal Consulting Inc. Responsible for managing all client accounts in respect to custom development as well as, paperless technology and document management. Job duties also include managment and training of all employees of Wal Consulting Inc. In 1999 I was nominated to the Business Journal’s 40 most successful business personal in the Tampa Bay Area.
1997 Manager - Application development department. Responsible for implementing, designing, coding, and testing custom applications software, in addition to, designating work to others.
• Agency management system:
Designed for Arthur J Gallagher the fourth largest insurance company in the USA. Environment Win32/95/98. Languages Delphi 4.0, SQL,XML,Borland BDE and Windows API. Databases used MSSQL 6.5.
A modular multi-user Insurance agency management software applications that answer all need of an insurance agency including accounting, personnel, declaration pages, endorsements ,renewal etc.
• Operator Self-Insured Manager for Windows:
• Property and Casualty Manager for Windows:
Designed for Arthur J Gallagher. Multi-user software applications that allows users to access Arthur J. Gallagher database in order to quote new policies, modify existing policies, or endorse current policies. Environment Win32/95/98. Languages Delphi 2.0-3.0, SQL, Borland BDE and Windows API. Databases used Interbase 5.6.
• Customer/Comment cards Entry Program: Designed for Café Alberto’s. Environment Access and VB. This Access database was designed for data entry as well as reporting and statistics.
• Student Tracking Database Designed for Congregation Schaari Zedek Pre School. Environment Access and VB. This Access database was designed to track and manage students and class rosters .
1/1996 - 5/1997 Talbots Data Center Tampa, Florida
Programmer analyst in the point of sales department. Responsible for coding, designing, testing and maintaining existing applications. Environment 32 bit OS2, language C.
• Instant Credit Accounts Entry: Design, code, and test a new instant credit system for the stores customers. Environment OS2, language C, Borland C/C++.
• Talbot/Japan: Modified and coded existing US system for Talbot Japan. Project included language support and currency difference. Environment OS2, language C, Borland C/C++.
• Store Systems Bug Tracking System: Design and code a new database for bug tracking for the store system department. Environment Windows 95, Database used Lotus Approach,
• P.O.S Help Desk System: Rewrote and designed an existing mainframe application for Windows 95 format. Project included specs, design, code, and test of the new application. Environment Windows 95 API, language C, Borland C/C++ 5.0.
1/1995 - 1/199 CGI Ststem Inc Tampa, Florida
Responsible for coding, designing, and maintaining existing applications.
• GTE Tampa: Accounts Payable System conversion for GTE Data Services. System conversion from COBOL and VSAM to COBOL II with DB2 using PACBASE. Environment: IBM/MVS using TSO/ISPF, JCL, and Expediter.
• ITS Toyota: Analysis and modification of the existing vehicle processing system at ITS Southeast Toyota to classify site-specific distributor costs. Environment; IBM/MVS, tool used PACBASE, VSAM, DB2, TSO/ISPF, JCL/MVS, PLATINUM, and INTERTEST.
10/1995 Florida Metropolitan University US-Florida-Tampa
Degree: Associate Of Science in C. I. S
G.P.A- 3.95 SUMMA CUM LAUDE
3/1988 Israeli Air Force Israel-Israel-Tel Aviv
Served in a missile unit as an Electronic-Computer Tech for computerized guided missiles. Duties also included supervision and leadership.
6/1982 Haddassa International Israel-Israel-Jerusalem
Degree: Bachelors Electronic and Computer Science
G.P.A - 3.85
Delphi 2 /3 /4 /6 /2005 /2007
MS SQL 6.5 / 7.0 /2005
Interbase / Firebird
Woll2Woll InfoPower / First Class
Developer Express Components Suite
You can contact Remmie Ran via this form